Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Relaxation ... What?!

So much for the thought of a laid back, lovely summer!  We're one week in and I'm EXHAUSTED!!  In all fairness, I slept most of yesterday away - completely beyond my will.  Seriously.  I was so worn out I couldn't keep myself awake.  The kids thought it was hysterical.  Today, Noah kept saying, "Mom!  You were OUT yesterday!  It was so funny!  We couldn't wake you up!!"  Glad I'm the source of such hilarity!!

What's going on to keep us so busy?  CAMPS.  Band camp started for Abby.  Monday - Wednesday she had to be up at the (cough, cough) High School for marching practice at 7:30 a.m.  Thursday she had to be at the church at 7:30 a.m. to leave for Girls' Camp (she had a blast btw).  Noah had camp of his own.  He participated in McKinney North's Baseball Camp Monday - Thursday from 1 to 3:30.  What an awful time to be out in the Texas heat, but he loved it!  Noah also had his baseball tournament.  Most games were at 8 p.m., which got us home well after 10 p.m.  Late nights, early mornings ... tired Momma!!

Let's add Lily's fun.  She hasn't slept well all week.  She's also ready to give up naps, but still needs a nap.  It's a horrible time of life for any person.  The infernal I need sleep, but don't want to sleep dilemma.  Ah, I know it well ...  Unfortunately, Lily informed me today what the cause has been for her sleeplessness.  She uttered one tell tale phrase, "Mom, my mouth is ouchy."  Molars.  Pesky, painful, nuggets of bone which ache so badly as they break through her gums.  Poor baby.

Add Tracy traveling to this tired soup.  It's been the Glenda show this week.  That's fine with me, but it does wear a Momma out.

This upcoming week should be a little less hectic, but what do I know?!  Something always seems to pop up out of nowhere.

Good news?  I booked our vacation tonight.  The kids and I are heading to Pensacola the first weekend in July.  Hello BEACH!!  We'll have lots of fun in the sun and sand with Aunt Melissa's & Uncle Dave's families.  Hooray!!

Oh my golly golly gosh!!  I can't wait!!!!!!

No comments: