Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Most Improved"

Look at this girl.  She's fantastic.  She is what I've called a "Triple Threat" for years:  beauty, brains, and a great sense of humor.  I've been her biggest fan since the day I saw her on a sonogram.  I've loved her since I dreamt of her.  She's my girl.

I just have to show both my girls - since I tell each one of them "You're my Girl!"  They are the best girls to set foot on our planet.

That being said, imagine the guilt I felt after this necessary, but painful talk:

Me:      Abby, how are you doing in Cross Country?
Abby:  Oh, ok.  I'm in the last group.  It's really hard.
Me:      The LAST group?  Really?  Why is it "hard"?
Abby:   I don't know.  It's hard.  I'm trying.
Me:      Well, obviously, not trying too hard if you're in the last group.
Abby:   Mommmmm
Me:      Ab, don't be THAT girl.
Abby:  What girl?
Me:      The one in the last group.  Push yourself.  Live up to your potential.  Don't be satisfied being in the last group.

She was quiet.  She rolled her eyes.  I could tell I annoyed her.  I'm getting used to that.

But ...

At the Cross Country Banquet she was given an award:  Most Improved.  She took 5th in the JV 5A Regional Meet.

Now ... THAT'S MY GIRL!!!  Show me some Sass!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: